There are certain people that you just can’t help but poke fun at. They make it so easy. When speaking politics, George W. Bush definitely comes to mind, but there is another one who we think takes the cake. Ex Republican Vice-Presidential candidate, Sarah Palin. Over the years, she has said some pretty “interesting” things, especially when her Teleprompters are turned off and it’s just her and her thoughts. We here at JAT News thought it would be fun to reminisce on some of her more colorful quotes. We promise they will not disappoint.
- At a North Carolina Fundraiser back in 2008, she spoke about how her handlers don’t usually allow her to watch the news, due to the fact that it might make her feel sad. “At those times on the campaign trail when sometimes it’s easy to get a little bit discouraged, when, you know, when you happen to turn on the news when your campaign staffers will let you turn on the news…Usually they’re like “Oh my gosh, don’t watch. You’re going to, you know, you’re going to get depressed.”
Ummm, correct us if we’re wrong, but aren’t you in the running to become the Vice-President of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA? You’re right though, it’s best to hide in your bubble and not know of anything going on in the world. I’m sure America will feel much better knowing you know nothing.
- While being interviewed by Katie Couric, she was asked what publications, newspapers and magazines she has read to understand the world around her. Here is how the interview went down.
Couric: And when it comes to establishing your world view, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly and read before you were tapped for this – to stay informed and to understand the world?
Palin: I’ve read most of them again with great anticipation for the press, for the media…
Couric: But what ones specifically? I’m curious.
Palin: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me over all these years.
Couric: Can you name any of them?
Palin: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news.
Wonder what her vast varieties of sources are? We know that watching the news isn’t one of them. Maybe Good Housekeeping? Women’s Day? Wherever she gets her world view, we can only imagine that it is very educational and eye-opening.
- So, if that wasn’t enough, Couric decided to press on. Why not touch on a big issue, such as the gay community and her views on it. “One of my absolute best friends for the last 30 years happens to be gay and I love her dearly, and she is not my “gay” friend, she is one of my best friends, who happens to have made a choice that isn’t a choice that I have made, but…I’m not gonna judge people.”
Well, as long as you have made your choice, then it’s all good. No sense in educating yourself to fully understand that being gay, in fact, is not a choice. But hey, why would she do that? (See Number 1 and Number 2).
- While being interviewed by Larry Kudlow of CNBC’s “Kudlow & Co.” she was asked about the possibility of becoming McCain’s running mate as Vice-Presidential candidate, she apparently didn’t see the importance in the role. “As for that VP talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what it is exactly that the VP does every day? I’m used to being very productive and working real hard in an administration. We want to make sure that the VP slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that we’re trying to accomplish up here for the rest of the U.S., before I can even start addressing that question.”
Gee, let’s see….what is the importance of the role of VP of The United States of America….gosh darn it, that sure is a toughie. What could it be?? Perhaps we should just leave that position empty.
- Last, but certainly not least, we can’t forget a few days ago when she graced us with another one of her well thought out comments regarding terrorists while speaking at a NRA event. “They obviously have information on plots to carry out jihad. Oh, but you can’t offend them, can’t make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen. Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.”
And for this reason Sarah Palin, we can all rejoice that you, in fact, are not in charge.