Yes, the vampire has been around for a long, long time and movies about them nearly as long – some good, some, well, not so good. Here is a quick list of 15 vampire movies that don’t quite suck.
1. Near Dark (1987) – A happy band of vamps go on a road trip.
2. Vamp (1986)- some college boys shop for flesh…or is it the other way around?
3. Fright Night (original) (1985) – Horror fan Charlie’s life is now imitating art…er, the monster movies. 4. Nosferatu (1922) – The grand pappy of all vampires. Very popular in music videos such as Bowie/Mercury’s Under Pressure
5. Vampire Circus (1971) – Boo! Our town has the Plague. Yay! A circus is coming to town! Oh…
6. 30 Days of Night (2007) – A little town becomes a vamp’s destination vacation – all you can eat buffet!
7. John Carpenter’s Vampires (1986) – Some ticked off hunters go out looking for a religious knick knack.
8. Lost Boys (1987) – New kids just trying to make some friends.
9. Salem’s Lot (1979) TV movie – A little boy and a writer fight a vampy invasion. Oh, and it’s Stephen King so there’s that!
10. Let The Right One In (2008) – Everyone needs a friend, especially kids.
11. Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992) – A vampire visits England for a little lust and mayhem.
12. Once Bitten (1985) – A campy, vampy comedy about Jim Carrey being a virgin.
13. The Hunger (1983) – A lady with discerning tastes…like David Bowie.
14. Interview With A Vampire (1994) – The life of a pretty vampire with feelings.
15. Shadow of the Vampire (2000) I don’t just play a vampire in the movies…
Kirsten is a Columbia College grad with a degree in writing and stuff. She has been a more traditional reviewer of horror films on other sites, but is now enjoying expanding her horizons to review, in her own way, a variety of films beloved by the masses…or just her, it’s really a toss-up.