15 Low Scare movies for kids and those with a weaker Boo! constitution. *Please note the last five may be better for those in the double digits due to some content.
2. Hocus Pocus (1993) – a trio of 300-yr-old Salem witches are conjured and forced to battle some plucky kids and a cat.
4. Ghost Busters (1984) – who you gonna call? New York’s population has increased…with the ghosts of its former residents!
5. Beetlejuice (1988) – a newly undead couple try pretty much anything to save their home from invaders. The afterlife 80’s style!
7. Addams Family (1991) – someone tries to take advantage of a family’s kindness.
8. Little Shop of Horrors (1986) – boy loves girl, girl loves dentist, boy finds plant…a musical.
9. Lady In White (1988) – apparently, the fashion norms of wearing white after Labor Day don’t apply to ghosts.
10. Scooby Doo (2002) – the gang head out to Spooky Island to do what they do best.
12. Night of the Comet (1984) – some girls hide out from the rest of the world while the rest of the world turns into Tang. The stores are open!!
14. Arachnophobia (1990) – Spiders!!!!!
15. Practical Magic (1998) – A story of sisterly love, a family curse, witches, tequila, and murder.